Sunday 6 February 2011

My New Love

I've been having fun this week with a new love...now don't get excited even though Valentines's is coming up...my new love is Chain Maille. I took a class during the week at Spoilt Rotten Beads and spent a happy few hours making a start on a Byzantine weave bracelet. It's a little bit fiddly to start and opening all the rings first is a bit of bore, although you could listen to music or the tv whilst doing it, but once you get into a rythmn it grows quite nicely and you can see results quickly. The chain maille itself is very tactile and drapes nicely...you just want to keep running it through your fingers. Our teacher Linda Plumtree had lots of examples of bracelets she had made and lots of advice and suggestions which gave us oodles of inspiration to go away and continue on our own. Here's a really bad photograph of my first attempt (unfinished as yet)....I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment